All DS421 trainees are required to take at least one advanced undergraduate or graduate course in: 1) Statistics (through basic multivariate analysis methods); 2) Microeconomics, Public Policy or equivalent; and 3) Ecology, Environmental Sciences, or equivalent. Prior undergraduate or graduate coursework will be reviewed at the time of admission to determine areas in which the requirement has already been satisfied. The following courses at Berkeley can be taken to satisfy each of the three requirements, as recommended by program faculty.
- GEOG 279 – Multivariate Statistics and Data Analysis for Research – offered odd Springs
- ESPM 174 – – offered odd Springs
- STAT 135 –
- ARE 210 – Fall term, MW 5-6:30
2) Microeconomics / Public Policy
3) Ecology / Environmental Sciences
- IB 153 – Ecology – offered every fall
- ESPM 111 – Ecosystem Ecology –
- ESPM 183 – Forest Ecosystem Management –
- ESPM 186 – Management and Conservation of Rangeland Ecosystems –
Students may propose other courses to satisfy one or more of these requirements, especially if it helps to simultaneously satisfy departmental requirements. Please contact David Ackerly <firstname.lastname@example.org>.